PART OF A FAMILY: OUR COMMITMENTS TO OUR COMMUNITY
30 September 2020
Our Community stories
- UGG Supports LGBTQ+ Rights
- UGG DONATES $500,000 TO NONPROFITS
- UGG Commits to Inclusivity with The Valuable 500
- Interview with Brooke Beshai
- DECKERS COMMITTED TO CREATING A BETTER TOMORROW
- DECKERS COMMITMENT TO UNGC SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
- PEOPLE POWER - ANDREA O’DONNELL
- ONE MILLION DOLLARS FOR COVID-19 PANDEMIC RELIEF EFFORTS #UGGTOGETHER
- #UGGTOGETHER COMMITTED TO EQUITY, INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY IN THE FASHION INDUSTRY
- Supporting LGBTQ+ Communities
- EMPOWERING WOMEN WITH HERPROJECT
- Saying no to racism #UGGTOGETHER
In alignment with our commitment to UNGC sustainable development goals, we as part of the Deckers family have set a range of targets relating to human rights, gender equality and quality education.
These targets and commitments extend across our operations and our communities. We want to positively impact the communities where we operate, including assuring industry leading human rights practices within our supply chain. We are also deeply committed to promoting diversity, gender equality, female empowerment, and inclusion for all.
We also want our employees to feel inspired to be able to have a positive impact on our communities, and so we ensure that every employee is provided with up to 24 hours of paid volunteer time per year, and for any employees who volunteer 100 hours in a year, UGG will make a $1,000 donation to a charity of our employee’s choosing.
Of course, fair working conditions and an utmost respect for human rights are the foundations of any good business. We continually monitor standards and we have robust systems in place to ensure that everyone in our business and within our supply chain can work in a safe and healthy work environment.
We undertake regular audits of our suppliers, either with our own teams on the ground, or when we don’t have local employees, we work with reputable third party auditors. We believe that collaboration is the key to success, and we also work with the Apparel and Footwear Brands Collaboration Forum (AFBCF), as well as other brands, to make sure we do everything within our power to ensure that the entire supply chain lives up to the highest standards that we hold as a company.
You can find out how we are progressing against our targets here.