EMPOWERING WOMEN WITH HERPROJECT
20 September 2020
Our Community stories
- DECKERS COMMITMENT TO UNGC SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
- PEOPLE POWER - ANDREA O’DONNELL
- PART OF A FAMILY: OUR COMMITMENTS TO OUR COMMUNITY
- ONE MILLION DOLLARS FOR COVID-19 PANDEMIC RELIEF EFFORTS #UGGTOGETHER
- #UGGTOGETHER COMMITTED TO EQUITY, INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY IN THE FASHION INDUSTRY
- Supporting LGBTQ+ Communities
- Saying no to racism #UGGTOGETHER
As part of our commitment to reducing inequality and doing our part to build a sustainable and socially responsible business, in 2016 we partnered with BSR’s HERproject. HERproject is a collaborative initiative that brings global brands like ours together with suppliers and local NGOs to empower women.
HERproject works to unlock the full potential of women working in global supply chains through workplace-based interventions on health, financial inclusion, and gender equality – something that is unfortunately still incredibly necessary for every brand to support.
Since 2016, we have trained over 33,000 women, and by 2027 we plan to enrich the lives of 100,000 women globally.
In 2020, we aim to launch HERproject programs to an additional six key partners with the goal of delivering HERproject trainings to 95% of our key partners. HERproject turned ten in 2019, and over the last decade this organization has reached over 500,000 women in 420 workplaces across 14 countries. We are proud to play a part in this pivotal project.